Stories on boards are the only ones that have values like priority

K_Flack March 1, 2020

Bit of a strange one and could not find after searching so if this has been asked; my apologies.

I have a sprint and a kanban showing the same issue. Only stories are being processed correctly with their priority and days in column showing. No others are even though the jiras in questions have the information entered correctly and saved. If i go to the card display i can manually add them but then they do not filter according to highest priority. Its like the are being excluded but i am not too sure where to find it.

Can someone shed some light on this?

1 answer

0 votes
Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2020

Hi @K_Flack Can you share some screenshots ?
Looks like your board might not be configured properly or maybe your views are not correctly set up.. but would like to see some images to share more details.

K_Flack March 1, 2020

Hello @Sajit Nair 

I have attached some mock photos as an example. You will notice for story that it has displayed the arrow but for the bug it has not. This also applies to tasks etc. Only stories are being properly processed and any filter that applies to these statuses are not working for bugs and tasks.

Screenshot from 2020-03-02 14-41-26.png

The bug above has a priority of medium but that is not being used by the filters.

Screenshot from 2020-03-02 14-40-59.png

The story above has a priority of highest and is being processed by filters and also has the arrow that shows its priority.

Only the stories on this particular board are being processed correctly.

sukkeong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2020

Perhaps your screens used for transition and display for bug and task is missing priority field?

K_Flack March 1, 2020

I have just made a new Kanban board and they all work. Not sure exactly went wrong with the first one but the solution was not too painful.

Like sukkeong likes this
Peddiboyina Nagendrababu March 1, 2020

Hi ,

Good Day!

I think on the board settings ,we can configure three field values to gets displayed on the cards using "Card Layouts".

In that configured values or JQL,one of the field value is missing in that ticket.

Hope you understand !

Let me know in case if you are still facing the same kind of issue.

Best,

P N B

Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2020

@K_Flack- Do check out @Peddiboyina Nagendrababu s suggestion.
Might be related to card layouts.

K_Flack March 3, 2020

It was the first place I checked but it did not fix it. They were appearing only for stories. I changed and reset nearly all of that. The only solution that worked was rebuilding the board.

Suggest an answer