Stories gets split to next sprint with testing story , need help in query

Ila Sharma May 14, 2021

We create a split from story if jira is not completed in current sprint. New jira which gets moved to next sprint is added. In the original story we add fix version as its a dev story which gets deployed, so i need a query where i can find the split story along with the one which have fix version. if the Jira testing completed in current sprint then we dont split and the one story will get the Fix version. 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2021

Hello @Ila Sharma 

Welcome to the community.

Your post doesn't say if you are using JIRA Cloud or JIRA Server/DataCenter. I work with JIRA Cloud, so my answer applies to that platform.

If you are using the built in Split functionality, then the original stories and new stories are automatically linked with the Issue Split relationship.

What you effectively need to do is query for the original stories, where Fix Version is set, and then use that result set to query for all stories that are linked to those with a particular link relationship.

JIRA does not natively support very many options for filtering for linked issues.  Take a look at this page for the limited functions that are native and available for filtering for linked issues.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/#Advancedsearchingfunctionsreference-linkedissuelinkedissue

The linkedIssues() function lets you filter for issues that are linked to a specific issue, but there is no function to search for the linked issues for multiple issues.

You will need a third party app to build the filter that you want.

In the Marketplace you can find a few different apps that extend the JQL/filtering capabilities.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=jql%20extension

You will need to review them to find the one that has the functionality you need, that is compatible with your JIRA platform, and that is within your budget.

Suggest an answer