Stop e-mail spam with message "Issue <> has not been updated in X days"

Sviatoslav Dubei March 28, 2023

Dear Community, the title pretty much sums it up...

How to configure such an e-mail? It spams very frequently

The content of such mail is:

Hi ,

The following issue hasn't been updated in 5 days:

Learn more about this issue: https://issuelink

Regards,

Jira Automation

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

Hi @Sviatoslav Dubei ,

if I understand you correctly, there is currently an email that comes out every X days indicating the issue has not been updated and you wish to silence this email. Is that correct? If so, then we need to understand the source of that email. I suspect it is associated with an automation rule. I would look in automation and see if you could find such a rule, and if you do understand who the author is and why they have created the rule. It may be that you just simply want to disable the rule altogether or you might tell the author that you don't want to be notified, and have him or her update the rule to exclude you.

Sviatoslav Dubei March 28, 2023

Yes, you have understood me correctly!

Thanks for the answer!

The solution is down below.

It happened because in Project settings there was an automation rule.
Just needed to delete it.
A link that helped me:
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/create-and-edit-jira-automation-rules/

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2023

I'm pretty sure there is a canned automation in the library for this exact issue.  It's probable it was accidentally turned on. You should be able to go into the automations and turn it off if you don't want it sent out.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events