Stop asking me for email verification

Marek Mrva March 24, 2021

I use Google to log in to Jira.

Every time I log in, I have to verify my e-mail.

Every. Single. Time.

Again and again, everyday I want to work.

Please, PLEASE, make it stop

Thank you

Edit: I log in via the same PC, using the same browser, the same ISP, possibly using the same IP (although I didn't check)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2021

Hello @Marek Mrva,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The screen you are seeing is the expected behavior for Social Logins, and the code shouldn't be asked every time you authenticate (unless the cookies/session are cleared or when using the incognito mode). 

The extra step is just to make sure that who is accessing the account has access to the email address. This will happen only the first time for each new “device/browser” for each user Atlassian detects during login.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Marek Mrva March 26, 2021

Since I clear my cookies, I will use username/password instead of Social Login.

Thank you for your response Angélica! :)

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Swaroop Kumar September 25, 2023

@Angélica Luz - Is there a way we can skip the email verification method?

Use case: I have a few JSM projects which require external people to email and these emails are then converted to tickets. Every time a new external member sends an email to one of the JSM projects, they get an email saying "Verify Email". Is there a way to skip this?

0 votes
Shyam May 12, 2023

Is there a way we can skip email verification as I have accounts who do not have mail box attached to those accounts

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events