Startup check failed, jira will be locked.restore from jira8.0.0 to jira 8.22

wangxiao April 14, 2023

I restored the XML backup file from JIRA 8.0.0 to the 8.22 version environment. The restore was successful and JIRA could start and access normally, but I couldn't see the attachments in the issues. Then I copied the attachments from the 8.0.0 environment to the corresponding attachment directory of the new 8.22 version environment, JIRA failed to restart and reported an error: "Startup check failed, jira will be locked"

1 answer

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2023

Hi @wangxiao 

Welcome to community!

Do you see any more information in the log files?

wangxiao April 14, 2023

Thank you very much for your reply. I checked the logs but did not see any relevant error messages. Is there something wrong with my upgrade steps?

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2023

Just "Startup check failed, jira will be locked" is not sufficient to analyze the problem. Could you check the logs again and see which startup check had failed?

Suggest an answer