Start Date on Board Roadmaps vs. Target Start on Jira Advanced Roadmaps

Jimmy Rogers May 23, 2023

I'd like to better understand the design thinking that Atlassian has put into how certain date fields are used in the two different roadmap UIs:

• Jira Advanced Roadmaps was demo-ed originally by Atlassian as using Target Start as the start value and Target End as the end value. And then Due Date functioned as value to measure success of Target End against Due Date (with Warnings).
  • Jira Boards have a lesser Roadmap view that seems to have hardcoded Start Date and Due Date as the start and end of those Gantt bars.

For me, I'd really like to have Teams use one start and one end to drive their data against a due date (as seen in the first example above). However, if the interface they are presented with most readily is the Board Roadmap, then they'd need to enter Start Date AND Target Start to satisfy both UIs.

Alternatively, does it just make sense to turn off the Board Roadmap feature entirely and have all levels of the organization use Jira Advanced Roadmaps? I've done this in the past; I was just hoping to leverage the new, simpler view...

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events