Sprints appear in capacity management but not on their board

Cody Stokes May 17, 2023

We have 1 board with multiple sprints. There is usually one active sprint at a time, that's the sprint for the current period.

The sprints that appear in capacity management but NOT the board are: 

• Dashboard Backlog
  • Technical Debt Backlog
  • Dev Complete / Ready for Test
  • March Release
  • PROD 2021 Q1 Release 2
  • Priority Backlog

I've asked our jira admins if they can see these sprints. They confirmed they are unable to see these sprints on the board. 

When viewing the capacity management screen I can see these sprints showing up in the Sprint filter and in the timeline. See screenshot. 

How can I go about finding and deleting / closing these sprints that I've highlighted above and in the screenshots? 

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 9.16.42 AM.png

Here are all the sprints that we see on our board, which are the sprints we use. This is the board we use to display issues and sprints in the capacity management screen shown above.

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 9.25.49 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Hi @Cody Stokes and welcome to the Community!

What you describe as the capacity management page is a view in an advanced roadmaps plan. When you are in that plan, next to the plan's name at the top of the screen, you should be able to access the Plan settings.

In plan settings, select issue sources and find out if there are other boards defined as the issue sources of the plan. My guess is that the other sprints are defined in another board. And if that's the case, they won't appear on your (other) board as long as there are no issues assigned to them.

Hope this helps!

Cody Stokes May 18, 2023

The only other board, PORT, in my issue sources has no sprints in it. 

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 8.33.47 AM.png

When looking at the list of sprints in the filter I can see the only source that contains sprints is DEVELOPMENT TEAM which is the team that has the Dev board set for the issue source.

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 8.37.42 AM.png

Any other ideas? 

Cody Stokes May 23, 2023

@Walter Buggenhout what are your thoughts on my response? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events