Sprint day remaining gadget reports incorrect days

The day remaining gadget always shows 1 day less. Also during some time in the day (I think around noon'ish or so) it will deduct one more day (as if I was in a different timezone). I checked my timezone and it is correctly reflecting my timezone.

3 answers

1 accepted

The gadget calculates days left in 24 hour increments, so e.g. if there's 47 hours left until the end of the Sprint, it'll show 1 day left (although intuitively you may assume it's 2 days). The result of the calculation will change at the hour of the planned Sprint end time as well, as that's when an increment ends - in this case, it'll be around noon.

Thanks for explaining. Now I know how those days are calculated. However I can't agree this is a user friendly approach. Is there any plan to enhance this behavior so it would be more sensible?

It would be nice to allow us to configure that.

Totally agree with Paul and Roman. Bottom line, it always shows wrong data (less 1 day). It must be fixed.

More over, when starting a sprint, you define start and end time. It fails to calculate days in sprint as well. For example, I defined the start time as 08Aug2016 00:00 AM and end time as 18Aug16 23:59 PM. It should have calculated it as 9 days; actually it was 8..

I am seeing the same thing. For example, if there are 3 full days and some of the current day left in a sprint, it will show as 2 days remaining. It is rounding the days left down AND subtracting one, meaning that the last full day you have AND any additional time leading up to the sprint end are both 0 days remaining.

Doesn't make much sense, but that is apparently how they think it should work unless it can be configured.

Yeah it is pretty sad that they can't get a clock to work correctly

Any news on this topic Atlassian? The Days Remaining on my dashboard just jumped from 6 to 4 as today, a Friday, came to a close.  Only nonworking days are Sat/Sun  My active sprint ends next week Friday 5:00PM so still have 5 full working days.  Users should not come in to work on Monday morning, expecting to see 5 days remaining to work and be confronted with "4" displayed by this gadget.  Help!

Any news about this?

Safiq M I'm New Here Dec 07, 2017

@atlassian team

(I am trying to use this on my wallboard)

Please do update this as the whole gadget seems useless and doesn't convey the meaning it is supposed to especially when it is meant to be put on a wallboard

Can't you add an option in the gadget to select between rounding up or down (ceil/floor).

As it is now, everyone questions why it is displaying the wrong number, so the entire gadget becomes unusable.

This is very annoying and makes the gadget useless :/

Agreed that this gadget is not very helpful. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,209 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot