Sprint burn down is messed up for the closed sprints

venkatesh bojja May 18, 2023

Sprint burn down is messed up for the closed sprints, burn down is fine for the current sprint.

Reason: I have migrated the workflow for user stories, due to the migration the Sprint value drop down for the user stories is updated to None for the previous sprints.
The burn down is messed up for the previous sprints.
The story points for the user stories is intact for the previous sprints, All i need is to edit the sprint value for the previous sprints user stories to their actual sprint numbers but i am unable to edit the sprint value.

2 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2023

Hi @venkatesh bojja,

You could try also with our Great Gadgets app. With the Sprint Burnup  Burndown Chart gadget that it offers, you can access all the past sprints. Perhaps it display the charts correctly, and this is just an issue in the Jira report data.  

Sprint Burnup Burndown Chart Gadget

The gadgets offers also a sprint report, similar to the one of Jira. 

The Data tab showing sprint details

This app offers many other gadgets (for Scrum, Kanban) that you might find useful. 

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Thank you,

Danut M.  

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Hello @venkatesh bojja 

Jira doesn't allow issues to be added to Sprints that are closed. You would need to reopen the closed sprints to add the issues to them and then re-close them, and that would change the end date for the sprints.

I am curious about the steps you executed when you say you "migrated the workflow". I don't think that should've had any impact on the Sprint field, but I can't test without more information.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events