Sprint Report/ Burndown Report

reddy dumpala December 3, 2020

I have one of the issue regards to standard reports - below you can see a burndown report which looks completely the same also in sprint report. As you can see I have picked an Active sprint. Here i see something like 644 hrs as starting scope /original estimate amount.

Original estimate:

Original estimate.PNG

Remaining Estimate:

Remaining estimate.PNG

Below you can see an overview of estimation on sub-task level which is significantly higher 502 days/4016 hrs (sub-task level) than 132 hrs (burndown) specific to original estimate or 219 days/1758 hrs (on sub-task level  vs. 644hrs (burndown)

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-04 at 9.35.28 AM.jpeg

Please help me on this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2020

Hi

I see that you have found a discrepancy between the estimation hours in the burndown chart versus the estimations and time remaining found in the sprint report.

However, if I am understanding your concern correctly, this is actually expected.  The main reason for this difference is also explained in View and understand the burndown chart.  From that document:

When using the Burndown Chart, note that subtask behavior can vary, depending on whether or not remaining estimate and time spent is enabled for your board.
Subtask behavior when remaining estimate and time spent is enabled

Time estimates of subtasks are rolled up to the parent task.

This means that the parent task will have the total sum of all remaining estimates of the subtasks.

Perhaps you could compensate for this difference by adjusting the board settings to instead disable the remaining estimate and time spent.  Steps on how to do this are in Configure estimation and tracking.  After that changes is made on the board itself, try returning to the report and refresh the page.  This should alter the way that report displays this.

Let me know if this helps or not.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events