Sprint Management, filter with function

Jérôme Arpin March 9, 2021

Hi, 

I have problems with filter with JQL function and Sprint Management

We have Script runner 

The result of filter is ok, all issues are ok

The settings of project are ok to manage Sprint

When i add my filter impossible to manage Sprint, if i modify the filter with simple JQL all is ok.

Can you help me on this problem please ?

The filter  is : 

project = "SW - DSI" AND issuetype = Épopée AND "Domaine métier" = "Moyens de Paiement (SW-17493)" OR issueFunction in issuesInEpics("project = 'SW - DSI' and issuetype = Épopée AND 'Domaine métier' = 'Moyens de Paiement (SW-17493)'") OR issueFunction in subtasksOf("project = 'SW - DSI' and issuetype = Épopée AND 'Domaine métier' = 'Moyens de Paiement (SW-17493)'") ORDER BY Classement ASC.

Thanks by advance for your help

Best regards

Jérôme

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jérôme Arpin April 28, 2021

For informations, all is ok with this solution :

project = "SW - DSI" and (issuetype = Épopée AND "Domaine métier" = "Moyens de Paiement (SW-17493)" OR issueFunction in issuesInEpics("project = 'SW - DSI' and issuetype = Épopée AND 'Domaine métier' = 'Moyens de Paiement (SW-17493)'") OR issueFunction in subtasksOf("project = 'SW - DSI' and issuetype = Épopée AND 'Domaine métier' = 'Moyens de Paiement (SW-17493)'")) ORDER BY Classement ASC.

We added only '(' before issuetype and ')' before ORDER.

0 votes
Jérôme Arpin March 10, 2021

In Board Settings, i have this message
Projets dans le tableau
La liste des projets de ce tableau ne peut pas être affichée en raison de la complexité du filtre du tableau.

How to simplify my JQL, ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

You can't manage a sprint with that filter because you are drawing in things that are not items you include in sprints, and you might not be using the right fields to manage them.

Also, your braces may not be doing what you expect, but I am not sure of that, so I'd just suggest you review them and check (you don't need to in queries that only use Or or And to join clauses, but a lot of us trip over when mixing the two. 

Try:

project = "SW - DSI" AND issuetype = Épopée AND "Domaine métier" = "Moyens de Paiement (SW-17493)" OR issueFunction in issuesInEpics("project = 'SW - DSI' and issuetype = Épopée AND 'Domaine métier' = 'Moyens de Paiement (SW-17493)'") OR  ORDER BY RANK ASC.

Note I've said "rank" in the order by clause - I do not know if you maybe have translated Rank to Classement?  If so, then you don't need my replacement.  The order by for a sprint filter just needs to be based on whatever rank type field you have.

Jérôme Arpin March 9, 2021

Thansk for your answer

I unsderstand your solution but we want to see Subtask in the Sprint Board. We will reflect with this solution.

With this filter impossible to manage Sprint.

If i write only , project = "SW - DSI" AND issuetype = Épopée AND "Domaine métier" = "Moyens de Paiement (SW-17493)" OR  ORDER BY RANK ASC , I can manage sprint but we need all children, that is our problem

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Hi @Jérôme Arpin , 

what do you mean "after I add my filter impossible to manage sprint" ? Do you mean that you can't start/close a sprint when using this JQL on your Scrum board ? 

It would help if you could describe with more details the error that you have.

By the way, if you'd like to ask your question in French, we have a new group on Community dedicated to French users : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-en-fran%C3%A7ais/gh-p/Francais

Thanks !

--Alexis

Jérôme Arpin March 10, 2021

Hi, 

thanks for your answer

When i use this filter , the different button for Sprint aren't activate (in Grey)

Impossible to create, and to start/close

If i write a simple JQL, I have all rights, as soon as I use issuefunction I don't have the buttons active

For a other example, i created this filter :

issue = DSI-182 OR issueFunction in issuesInEpics("issue = DSI-182 ") OR issueFunction in subtasksOf("issueFunction in issuesInEpics(\"issue = DSI-182 \")") ORDER BY issuetype DESC, Classement ASC

I had he same problem.

I found a solution with two filter :

1. project = "SW - DSI" AND "Lien d'épopée" = DSI-182
  2. project = "SW - DSI" AND ("Lien d'épopée" = DSI-182 OR issueFunction in subtasksOf("filter = SW-DSI-DSI-182")) ORDER BY Classement ASC

For my new filter, I have really a problem to find a good solution, i tried  a combination of several filters

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events