Sprint Insights - the admins can see it but not the team members

Neil Wills May 19, 2023

Sprint Insights - the admins can see it but not the team members.

The feature is enabled for everyone, but sure why the admins can see it and the other team members cannot.

I would presume maybe there is another permission or setting on what data is required:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-insights-in-a-company-managed-project/

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

Hello @Neil Wills 

What exactly do you mean by the team members aren't able to see it? Do they not see the Insights button? Do they have the button but the panel comes up empty?

In what way has it been "enabled for everyone"? In the Permission Scheme(s) applicable to the project(s) encompassed by the sprint board, to whom is the View Aggregated Data permission granted?

Neil Wills May 19, 2023

MicrosoftTeams-image (4).png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2023

Thank you for that information.

What is the Filter Query used by the board? That can be found by clicking on the ... button in the upper right above the board, then selecting Board Setting > General.

Neil Wills May 19, 2023

filter.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2023

I'm sorry, I was unclear with my request. I need to see the JQL of the filter, which is shown farther down on that screen.

I am trying to assess if the filter is selecting issues from explicitly named project(s).

Additionally, in what way has Insights been "enabled for everyone"? In the Permission Scheme(s) applicable to the project(s) encompassed by the sprint board, to whom is the View Aggregated Data permission granted?

Neil Wills May 19, 2023

boardfilters.JPG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2023

That does indicate the issues are coming from just one project.

In the permission scheme associated with that project, to whom is the View Aggregated Data permission granted? Example:

Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 5.26.51 PM.png

Neil Wills May 19, 2023

thanks for isolating the issue

Neil Wills May 19, 2023

filter2.png

Neil Wills May 19, 2023

Interesting feedback from different teams, some enabled it and other disabled it

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2023

You're welcome!

When you have a moment, please consider marking the Answer as Accepted to help other users find posts with validated solutions.

Neil Wills May 23, 2023

I will have to look at making groups as there are clients that will have access to jira, and these details while useful for the scrum team itself may be misleading for the stake holders, but that goes against transparency pillar of agile

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Hello @Neil Wills 

Did you have additional questions on this topic?

If not and you feel that your question was adequately answered, please consider marking the Answer as Accepted to help other users find posts with validated solutions.

Neil Wills May 26, 2023

I am good

Neil Wills May 30, 2023

This is now closed.  We do have clients and will need to determine suitable groups and what data should be available to each group

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events