Sprint Insights for Board with tickets from Multiple Projects

Celina Kincaid April 25, 2024

Project A has a sprint board that pulls in tickets from each of our client projects (ProjectClientA, ProjectClientB, etc.)

I have enabled aggregated data permission for ProjectA as well as all ProjectClientX projects.

However, I cannot view sprint insights for the board.  Does anyone have a suggestion on what could be missing?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2024

Hi, @Celina Kincaid. AFAIK "insights" are only available on Scrum and Backlog boards. May we assume your Project A board is a Scrum board?

Also, if any of your projects are team-managed (vs. company-managed) , there's a possible permission mismatch.

Assuming it is a Scrum board and not a Kanban board, I can't find anything that specifically says that you can (or cannot) get Sprint Insights on boards that pull issues from multiple projects. Hopefully, someone else here in the community has experience with this.

It's not much help, but I hope it gets you moving in the right direction while waiting for better ideas from others.

-dave

Celina Kincaid April 25, 2024

I appreciate your help but my configuration meets those requirements.

• ProjectA board is a scrum board.
  • All projects are company-managed and share the same permission scheme, which I've double and triple checked have the correct aggregated data permission.
    • (I also have this enabled on ProjectC that only has tickets from ProjectC and things work fine so I know my permission group I'm using is correct.)
    • When I run the permission checker for items in ProjectA for aggregated data, it says I have access.
    • When I run the permission checker for items in ProjectClientA for aggregated data, it says I have access.

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2024

Hmmm.... 🤔

In that case, while you're waiting for someone else to chime in here, I'd consider opening a support ticket with Atlassian in the meantime.

If you go that route and discover the issue/solution, please do update us here so others can benefit from it in the future.

Good luck!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events