Sprint Health Gadget Sharing Issue

Zach Wright April 4, 2023

Hello, 

Having an issue with the sprint health gadget & days remaining in sprint gadget. When I build the dashboard everything appears fine, however when I share this with others these two gadgets are not appearing & instead there is a message that says "The requested board cannot be viewed because it either does not exist or you do not have permission to view it" 

I can ensure it exists as I built it and the recipients do have access. Is there something I could be doing wrong? 

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Hello @Zach Wright 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Are you working with boards for a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project?

Are the users able to access the dashboard and only these two gadgets don't load?

How have you ensured that the recipients do have access to the agile boards?

Hi Trudy, Thanks for your response.

It is a team managed project. Users are able to access the dashboard, everything loads, except for those two gadgets. I have ensured recipients have access to the filter used to make the dashboard & the dashboard itself, how can I check if they have access to the agile board?

Thank you for your help on this

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

Ask them to access the URL you use to access the board for the project.

i.e.

https://aklfjoliew.atlassian.net/jira/software/projects/TS/boards/6

Are the users licensed Jira Software users? You may have to ask your Jira/Site Administrator to confirm that. If the users are not licensed Jira Software users, they will not be able to see functionality that is Jira Software specific, which includes anything that has to do with agile boards and agile reporting. 

They are licensed JIRA Software users, and were able to access the board & other areas within the Project

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

In the two gadgets the board is selected based on its name.

Are you absolutely sure that they are able to access that same board? It is possible to have multiple boards with the same name. Are you sure the board you selected has a unique name?

Zach Wright April 5, 2023

Yes the board has a unique name & recipients are able to access the board & view the other gadgets, only the two mentioned previously are not able to be viewed when shared. Is there anything else I can check? 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

I can't think of anything else to check. I recommend that you have your Jira Administrator contact Atlassian Support about this. Please let us know what they say.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Hi Trudy, wanted to let you know we discovered the problem, those gadgets are based on boards not filters & the board was not shared with everyone on the team. Thank you for all your help on this.

Like Kelly Arrey likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

Hm, agile boards don't get "shared" but the filters used to create the boards do get shared. If the user was able to view the agile board, then that means the filter for the board was shared with them, theoretically.

Can you describe the exact steps you took to share the board?

I opened the board we were using to create the "Days Remaining in Sprint Gadget", they checked the details of this board & it said it was only visible to me, after correcting that to be visible to all, the issue was resolved. 

Please let me know if there's any other questions

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

Thank you.

Can you show a screen image of that "Visible to all" option?

JIRA.JPG

I had to edit the permissions to change it from only visible to me, to anyone in the organization

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

Ok, so that is the sharing of the filter on which the board is based rather than sharing the board itself.

Thank you for the image helping to clarify.

Interesting that with the filter not shared the users could still see the board. That should not have been the case.

Like Kelly Arrey likes this

Understood, definitely a strange error. Thank you again for all your help with this!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events