Some team members can't see the Parent link in a filter

Christopher Keith Brown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 30, 2024

Howdy y'all and let me say thank you in advance.

I am the custodian of a team managed project and when one of my coworkers uses a filter like this:

project = "XYZ" and type = Bug and status = "In Progress"

She gets the expected result except the epic link under the Parent column is blank.

When I use the same filter, I can see the link to the epics.

When I share my filter with her, she gets this notice:

image (1).png

...which seems like a clue but googling either turns up old results from the self-hosted days or applies to company managed instances so I just don't have the same options those articles mention.

What am I missing?  It feels like an access issue but I'm not seeing any setting that comes remotely close to the problem though I could be wrong as I am new to being a junior JIRA admin.  Any advice is appreciated.

I am on Cloud version 1001.0.0, build number 100251.

1 answer

0 votes
Varsha Patil April 30, 2024

Select filters: All filters.

Select the filter to be shared : Edit (Three dots )

Now add the user as a viewer.  Check the permissions.Jira.png

Christopher Keith Brown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 1, 2024

Hi Varsha!

That's a great short term workaround and my teammate can view it, but I was hoping for a more permanent, universal solution where I don't need to save & share filters.

What I was hoping to figure out is how can anyone in my organization with JIRA access make a JQL query and see the epic link in the Parent column on their own.  I still suspect it's an access or permission issue but I am willing to be educated.

Thank you very much for the tip and my apologies for taking a day to respond.  I had to wait for my teammate to confirm the workaround.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events