• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Some of my 'tasks' on the kanban board are only showing the first word of the description, others appear in full. Does anyone know why this might be?

Some of my 'tasks' on the kanban board are only showing the first word of the description, others appear in full. Does anyone know why this might be?

Mike Foster-Atkins December 18, 2016

When viewing my Kanban today, some of the 'tasks' only show the first word of the description whilst others appear in full:

image2016-12-19 11:3:52.png

This is not happening for other users of the shared board so I am unsure why this is affecting me.

Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Karalee Kikiros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2016

As it's just you and no-one else I would assume that its a resolution and/or browser issue. I know we are rocking it Level 1 IT style but have you tried zooming out on your browser? Again we are rocking it old school but check the character count on a card summary that does show vs a card that doesn't. JIRA may be erring on the side of "if I can't show all of it, I will show none of it". Copying it into Word and checking it that way will be quickest. I suspect that it's the latter reason as my spidey sense is tingling so I think I've seen it before and that was the issue. 

Suggest an answer