Software project templates is not available in "Create Project" dialog

Ersen Başaran Şen May 31, 2019

Hi,

We are using Jira Software Server onpremise. We follow the instructions in this page

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/setting-up-your-workspace-938845051.html

But we cannot see Software project templates. We can just select Business type of projects.

What is missing here?

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2019

Hi @Ersen Başaran Şen,

If you can't see the Jira Software Project Templates it probably means that the user trying to create the project doesn't have Jira Software Application access.  If you are not the Jira Administrator, you will want to ask your administrator to add you the group that has Jira Software application access.

If you are the administrator, you will need to go to the admin cog, select "Applications"

Then, in the administration page on the left hand side select "Application access"

On this page you will be able to assign what groups receive Jira Software application access.  You will need to make sure that you or whichever user is trying to create a Jira Software project is a member of the group(s) that has been given Jira software application access before you/they will be able to see those options in the project drop down.

I hope that helps!

-James

Ersen Başaran Şen May 31, 2019

Hi @Jimmy Seddon 

I'm the administrator and I checked my groups' Jira Software Application access. That's ok. But still I cannot see software project templates. Is there any other check?

Suggest an answer