Software Simplified Workflow unavailable in Kanban Board

Vineela AK April 28, 2023

Hi, 

I am trying to add a new workflow to the Kanban Board. I can see the new workflow as active after mapping the issue types. After this i wanted to map the columns. After adding the columns i can see as Software Simplified Workflow unavailable.

Can someone help?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi Vineela,

Why is that a problem for you? Is the workflow now working? 

@John Funk : Thank you for responding.

I can see the new workflow in Kanban Board :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

So there's no problem, correct? You are just curious about the message. 

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2023

Hi @Vineela AK,

I am not sure what you expect, but there is probably no issue at all. When your workflow meets certain criteria (see below), Jira provides you the option to simplify your workflow, which has the following benfits over a Jira workflow:

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 14.44.25.png

However, since you decided to design your workflow, those benefits will most likely not even be benefits to you and you may be very happy that you have control over your own workflow.

Having said that, the fact that you cannot simplify your workflow means that it does not meat one or more of these prerequisites:

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 14.46.45.png

This should not have any impact on your attempt to map statuses from your workflow to the columns of your board. If you have any new statuses in your workflow, you should see them under unmapped statuses in your board configurations. Just drag them to the desired columns, add additional columns to your board if you have to and you should be fine!

Hope this helps! 

@Walter Buggenhout Thank you for the quick response.

I did follow the steps mentioned here but still was showing the same.

I had refreshed the page and now i can see the new workflow in the Kanban Board.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events