Smart value to get the issues links in issue?

Angel Ferreira December 10, 2022

Hi, 

I want to send a notification with the issues links related to an other issue but I couldn´t found the smart value for that.

Thanks for your help

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2022

Hi @Angel Ferreira 

Please try {{issue.issueLinks}} to do that.

Perhaps if you explain your use case a bit more the community can provide more suggestions, as I suspect that you may want to send this list in one notification (e.g. email), and so perhaps bulk processing from a branch would help: https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/run-a-rule-against-issues-in-bulk-993924653.html

Kind regards,
Bill

Angel Ferreira December 13, 2022

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

Thanks but I need the list of issues links relate to a one issue. For example I´ve an issue with key "Test-1" and this issue have other 3 linked issues "Test-2", "Test-3", "Test-4" so in my email notification I need something like that

Issue Data

Main issue: Test-1 #{{issue.key}}

Linked issues: Test-2, Test-3, Test4 #{{issue.issueLinks}} without links only data

I tried with the smart value that you shared with me but it doesnt work

links.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

Automation rules often take a bit of experimentation and a bit of learning, reviewing the documentation to learn what is possible: https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/smart-values-in-jira-automation-993924627.html

I gave you the starting point for the links.  To get just a list of the keys to the linked issues from the trigger issue, please try:

{{#issue.issueLinks}}{{.}}{{^last}}, {{/}}{{/}}

The same result ,I tried with differents options from documentation but I get the same result like image that I shared

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2022

I am using Jira Cloud, and not Server/Data Center version...and it would appear the smart values may be different for issue links between those two...although that seems surprising to me.

Let's try this...

Please post images of your complete automation rule and the audit log details showing the rule execution.  Those may help explain what you are observing.

Next, please use the steps in this how-to article to confirm the correct smart values for what you need: https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/find-the-smart-value-for-a-field-993924665.html

Like # people like this

Thats was helpful, the expresion that I need was:

{{#issue.issueLinks.inwardIssue}}{{.}}{{^last}}, {{/}}{{/}} 

Thanks

Like Azfar Masut likes this

Suggest an answer