Smart Values - Start and Due Dates

Alina Sysak May 3, 2023

I am trying to configure reoccuring tasks to start on last day of a quarter and configure the due date to be one month later. ie - start date Jun 30, due date July 31.  I can get the start date to configure with this 

{{now.withMonthOfYear(now.format("Q").asNumber.multiply(3)).endOfMonth}}

however how do i configure the due date to be the following month end? If I add 4 to the above it looks to skip a month. and goes to Aug, not July. 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Hello @Alina Sysak 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

You are getting August instead of July when you substitute "4" for "3" in the above because we are in the second quarter and 2 * 4 = 8 = August.

I recommend you use the .plusMonths(1) function instead to set the Due Date one month later than the Start Date.

{{now.withMonthOfYear(now.format("Q").asNumber.multiply(3)).endOfMonth.plusMonths(1).endOfMonth}}

Alina Sysak May 4, 2023

That makes sense! Thank you.

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

You're welcome.

If my replies solves your issue, please consider marking the Answer as Accepted to help other users find posts with validated solutions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events