Slack notifications for created issues by a specific user within 24 hours

Bojan Fildishevski March 29, 2023

Hello, 

I'm fairly new to automating slack notifications for Jira issues and I'm in need of some assistance with the Jira smart values.

I've never used smart values before and everything seems a bit too complicated to comprehend from my point of view.

My idea is that I would have a notification in a Slack channel regarding all of the tickets created by a single user within 24 hours. I've been able to configure a Jira bot to send a message to a specific Slack channel but I'm stuck on the part of configuring the message and the smart values to display what I've mentioned above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Bojan Fildishevski , welcome to the Community.

would you mind sharing an image of what you have and where you are stuck? This will allow us to mock-up a solution for you more accurately.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Also, what format of data do you want to present to the channel?ni wonder if simply presenting a link to a JQL filter would be desired or do you want a. List of links for each issue, etc...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events