Single line text custom field renders hyperlink for the text containing only No's 2.2.4

Rushi August 5, 2019

We recently migrated our project ti JIRA, & successfully imported all the issues from our old application using CSV. Recently we found an issue in some of the single line text custom field which we use to refer the serial nos from SRS or User Manuals Documents which are in the fomate of somethink like this 2.2.4 or 2.2.10 or 5.6 or 8.3. So here all these no are shown as hyperlink on the issue screen, These are the serial no in the documents & not the hyperlink. How we should show them as normal text instead of hyperlinks. 

Any help appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2019

Thanks @Rushi 

I did not realize you were using the Jira Cloud platform here.  For anyone else that comes across this problem, that bug is documented in JRACLOUD-69877: Wiki Style Renderer does not work for custom fields

Regards,

Andy

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2019

Hi Rushi,

If I understand correctly, you appear to have some values in this text field that are creating hyperlinks in Jira when you do not expect them to.  

I believe that this behavior could be getting caused by the fields renderer in Jira.  It is possible to select different kinds of renderers for some field types like text type custom fields.  I would be interested to see if you can take a closer look at the link itself.  Where exactly is that hyperlink pointing to?   I don't think this is something I would expect Jira to do for that field, but I'm interested to learn if the URL is just invalid, or if perhaps the renderer is trying to equate this series of numbers to a specific version/release in the project in question.

It might also help to try to follow the steps in Specifying field behavior.  Specifically at the very bottom of that page are steps on how you can change the renderer if you are using Jira Cloud.

Regards,

Andy

Rushi August 8, 2019

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your help,

The URL is invalid, if i add it as 2.2.3 then url could be http://2.0.0.2 something like this.

I had also added a support ticket for the same question for which i got response from JIRA support team is that, this is bug in the new JIRA issue view for which they also gave me bug link, till the time they ask to move back older issue view.

If you want i can share the link for bug.

Regards

Rushikesh Deshpande

Josué Garcia March 29, 2023

I stumbled on to this issue as well after doing a few test migrations, so this issue never got fixed I assume.

Suggest an answer