Simply automation error

bruno_vidigal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 17, 2020

automation_jira.PNG

When trying to implement a simple rule an error like this in the print appears. Any idea how to solve it? I tried change everything in the automation rule, but the error continues.

Create issue

Could not find create meta data for project/typeId -10020/10147

3 answers

0 votes
Shankar Giridhar Vijayakumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 1, 2022

@bruno_vidigal - Did you get this resolved? 

I'm trying out a similar logic, but running into deadends. Let me know, please.

P.S., Re-fetch also doesn't yield results.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2022

Hi @Shankar Giridhar Vijayakumar  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

To get the most people seeing your question: I recommend creating a new question, linking to this thread, adding images of your automation rule and the audit log details showing an execution that does not work as you expected, and explain the problem you are trying to solve.  That information will provide context for the community to try to help.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
frother
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2020

Hi Bruno, 

Thanks for reaching out.

I think what is happening is that the issue type of the issue that triggered the rule doesn't exist in the Jarvis project.

It could even be that there are 2 issue types with the same name, which would also cause this problem. Are any of these projects nextgen projects? 

Thanks,
Scott.

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2020

Hi @bruno_vidigal -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I suspect you are running into a timing issue for the create issue trigger.  That is, the issue is not fully available to the rule logic at the time the trigger catches the new-issue event.

I have worked around this condition before by putting a Re-fetch action immediately after the trigger.  That will make the rule run a bit slower, and it will confirm the issue is fully loaded before accessing the fields.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events