Simplified workflow status name was changed

JRodney Estrada May 28, 2021

Hi all,

A user mistakenly changed the "To Do" status to "MEA" in her project using a Simplified Workflow. This changed the status in other projects (see screenshot).

Question: What is the best way to undo the change? When I try to rename it back to "To Do", it tells me it already exists. I'm also worried about losing the 77 issues that are now in the "MEA" status. Any insight would be appreciated!

Simplified_Workflow_Status1.png

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

Instead of renaming the status, add the To Do status back to the workflow. Then transitions the issues from MEA to To Do. Then remove the MEA status from the workflow.

JRodney Estrada May 28, 2021

Ok, so my steps would be...

1. On the Workflow screen, add status "To Do" with allow all statuses to transition to this one.

2. Publish draft

3. Bulk move all issues in specific project with "MEA" status to "To Do".

4. Go back to Workflow screen, move the "Create" transition to the "To Do" status.

5. Click on "MEA" status and click "Remove status"

Correct?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

That sounds right to me.

Like JRodney Estrada likes this

Suggest an answer