Show releases in a calendar view

Hello, everyone,

is there a possibility to display the releases in a calendar view with a visualization of the time periods?

I already use the "JIRA issue calendar". However, this represents only the planned publication dates. But I would like to know which releases are running in parallel at what time. Therefore, the period between "start date" and "release date" is important to me in order to better plan new customer requests.

In addition to the JIRA issue calendar gadget, I use Portfolio for planning. The GANTT-like view of the sprints is great. If this would also be available for the releases, it would be very helpful for me.

It would also be great if it's possible to export this calendar-view as an iCAL to integrate it into external calendar tools.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I could put that into reality?

Thank you very much : -)

1 answer

Hi Henrik,

If you are managing multiple releases across multiple team/sprints and you need better visualization try Cycle Control.

This app helps you visualize an entire initiative from conception to delivery in a calendar view. The Release calendars allow you to easily manage a more complex, multi-team initiative with intermediate checkpoints (approvals, quality gates, milestones and checklists) and easily coordinate the lifecycle of an entire initiative/release. 

If you need more details about Cycle's capabilities, feel free to contact me :) 

Cheers,

Teodora

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,051 views 8 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you