Show a "loading screen" or notification to the user when an automation is triggered or running?

Timo Kinder April 21, 2023

Hi :)

I was wondering if there is a possibility to get a "loading screen" or notification if an automation rule is executed by a user action.

For example we are cloning Tickets after a workflow transition to another project and the user has to reload the whole page more than once to see the new linked ticket.

It would be great to have something like "hey you triggered a rule and something will happen - please wait and refresh in a second".

I looked in the forums and in the feature requests for cloud automation but wasn't able to find any information about that :(

Kind regards,
Timo

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wrathall
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2023

Hi @Timo Kinder,

Thanks so much for your feedback!

I’ve linked your suggestion to a related feature request, which counts as an upvote for the ticket.

We don't have that feature currently, but we're gathering interest in the popularity of that feature.

For more ideas on how to use Automation, feel free to check out our template library here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library

If you’d like to chat to the Automation team, we’re always happy to learn more about how you’re using Automation and how we can improve - feel free to book a time that suits: https://calendly.com/cgavey/automation-feedback

Cheers,
Stephen

Timo Kinder April 28, 2023

Hi @Stephen Wrathall , thank you for your answer.

I do not have access to the codebarrel-project. Is it possible to get it?

Looking forward to this new feature :)

Thanks and have a nice weekend,
Timo

Stephen Wrathall
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2023

Hi @tim ,

My apologies - I just realised that it's an internal project, not a public one. I've removed the link, but the ticket is still in our system.

Regards,
Stephen.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders