Show Zendesk linked tickets count in Card/issue display

Sigrid Helland July 29, 2021

I am setting up my first Jira board. Apologies if I am using the wrong terminology (and maybe that's why I can't find the solution to this when searching the community!). 

Is there a way to get the Zendesk Linked Tickets count to appear in Card/Issue view from my board or backlog, so that I can see this number without opening the issue.

For example, I want the number appearing in Image 1 (i.e. "9"), to be visible in the view of the card shown in Image 2, so that I can easily see this number from my board 

2021-07-29_17h43_42.png2021-07-29_17h43_53.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2021

Hello @Sigrid Helland,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When it comes to the Card layout on a board, currently, it’s not possible to customize it on a team-managed project.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

On company-managed project, it’s possible to customize the cards, but in this case, it would be necessary to confirm if the Zendesk support is a custom field. Since it’s an add-on, maybe it will not show the option to select it. 

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Sigrid Helland August 2, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz ,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'll keep an eye on the feature request for this ability (this would be great!), and also check if this Zendesk field is available for customise cards in a company-managed project.

Thanks, 

Sigrid

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Warren Kent April 11, 2023

Hi guys,

im having a problem of late (since migrating to cloud) where if a user views a JIRA ticket which has linked Zendesk tickets, the count seems to be reset for some or other reason ( the links are removed and count gets reset to 0).

have any of you experienced something like this before? We have no automation rules in place for this so im not sure if its a bug?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events