Show Story Points Indicator on Backlog

Hi! I want to show the story points for a story on the backlog. I have found how I can add a field, but this also adds an entire row making the backlog less comprehensible. I remember in the past there would be a grey circle with the amount of story points written in it at the end of each row of the backlog. How can I set that up?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Story points are automatically shown in the backlog as soon as you set a value in the story being shown:

story-points.png

That's what I thought! But exactly the grey circle with the estimation you show in your printscreen does not show up in my backlog, also after I estimated it. Looking for the setting that removed it / to add it back in the list.

In my case it shows the priority by the way, a red, orange etc. arrow.

Maybe it is one of those new kanban boards, with backlog as a new feature, instead of a scrum board?

I think you can fix it by following these steps:

1. Go to Board > Configure > Estimation
  2. Change Estimation from Issue Count to Story Points

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,517 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you