Should a Jira item linked in a MS Teams posting update when the underlying Jira card changes?

EnEm May 15, 2021

I have linked Jira Cloud to MS Teams. The tabs in the channel work as I expect, but when I link a Jira item in a posting to a Team Channel the entry never updates. 

I would like any change in Jira to the Jira item summary, the workflow status, or the addition of an assignee to an unassigned Jira item to be reflected in the Teams posting.

The fact we can comment on the Jira card from teams means I am assuming this is a dynamic link.  Am I expecting too much ;)

As always thanks for any help.

EnEm

1 answer

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2021

Hi @EnEm For getting notification from JIRA to MS TEAMS channel for this you need to setup webhook in jira. 

Thanks

EnEm May 16, 2021

Thanks. I will look into what is involved.

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2021

Hey @EnEm  first you need to install Incoming Webhook add on in MS TEAMS channel then put webhook URL in JIRA.

let me know for any further concern in configuration. 

Like EnEm likes this

Suggest an answer