Share Jira project between accounts

Matthew Fox August 15, 2022

Hi,  I would like to export/share the board from one project account I am using (vendors account) to my newly created company account without having to redo everything, while also capturing the history, how do I do this please?

3 answers

1 vote
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2022

Hi @Matthew Fox

A very warm welcome to the community!

This is Majid @ Exalate. 

I believe you have 2 Jira instances would like to clone all your issues in both, however, I am not sure if this is a one off migration or a 2-way synchronization would be needed here to keep both sides up to date. If it is the latter, I would strongly urge you to look at integration apps such as Exalate. The app is designed to maintain a bidirectional synchronization between the issues on two different Jira instances, but can also be employed to make a one off migration. 

Please feel free to book a customized demo if you would like to see the product in action. 

Thanks

Majid

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 6, 2022

Welcome to the community, @Matthew Fox.

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Another option would be our cloud app Deep Clone for Jira. 

With Deep Clone you can easily bulk clone issues between two or more Jira cloud instances. You can read more about cloning between instances in our documentation.

deep-clone-jira_instance-clone3.png

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2022

Hello @Matthew Fox 

Welcome to the community.

Can you provide more information about your use case?

Note that a board is just a way to visualize and interact with issues. The issues are contained in projects.

Are you expecting to maintain synchronization between the issues in the vendor's account project and the issues in your company account project? Or do you want to do a one-time copy of issues from the vendor's account project to your company account project?

Are you talking about projects in different Jira Cloud instances?

What type of project is the source project? Company Managed or Team Managed? Software, Business, or Service?

Matthew Fox August 15, 2022

Hi,  thanks for the quick response.  So there are 2 cloud instances, and yes it is a project I would like to transfer with all associated data.

There is no need to maintain sync once we transfer the data, as we will continue working together in our cloud instance

I have a  vendor using their Jira cloud instance for project tracking, and I would like to use our recently purchased instance

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2022

Here is a KB from Atlassian about moving Jira projects from one cloud instance to another.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/merge-multiple-instances-of-jira-cloud-779160767.html

After reviewing that, let us know if you have questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events