Setup an automation that creates a Jira issue triggered by a comment posted on a Confluence page?

Triston Tejada June 3, 2022

Hey yall!

I'm wondering if it's possible (either through a third-party app or natively) to set up an automation that auto-creates a Jira issue whenever someone comments on a Confluence page in a given Space. Might someone be able to help/confirm?

I tried using a third-party app like Zapier, but the only option they provide for the trigger is when someone posts a new page, rather than a comment to an existing page.

Ideally, I'd love if a Jira issue was auto-created only when a new comment is posted. Not when someone replies to that comment in a thread.

Any insight would be superhelpful. Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2022

Hi Triston,

I believe this is something that could be done with an app like Scriptrunner for Confluence.  I personally have not used this app, but it appears to offer the ability to auto create Jira issues based on new page creation.  So perhaps it can be adjusted to new comments within a specific space. 

There also might be additional apps for Confluence in Marketplace that could help with this level of automation.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events