Settings impossible - No one has admin rights

Deleted user January 13, 2022

Hello all,

we are currently not getting our Jira board managed. Normally an administrator can change settings and add new members. However, it seems that our board no longer has an administrator. In the past, my account used to be set like this. How do we now get the settings changed again?

Also, we got a mail that we should deposit payment information. However, none of our members have access to such a setting.

Can someone please help us urgently?

Kind regards
Kevin

1 answer

1 vote
Magdalena Zhisheva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2022

Hi @[deleted]

are you talking about missing admin rights for a single project or for the whole Jira instance?

Deleted user January 13, 2022

Hi @Magdalena Zhisheva 

Thank you for your reply.

I am talking about missing admin rights for a project board within Jira. We have a lot of team members there and none of these members have admin rights. There should be one person who has admin rights? However, that is completely missing. So we can't make any settings on the project anymore.

You know?

BR,

Kevin

Magdalena Zhisheva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2022

Hi again @[deleted] , 

Can someone try to access the Project settings -> People and see if there is someone with Admin role.

As well, going to Project settings -> Permission schemes may give you some lights on the admin permissions for that particular project.

In Project settings -> Details you may found if there is ant Project lead and depending on the assigned permission scheme, the project lead may have some admin rights on it.

I hope I helped you.

If this post was helpful, mark it as Accepted solutions, so you can help others who may have the same difficulties.

If your question has not been resolved, please post again with more details.

Deleted user January 19, 2022

Hi again @Magdalena Zhisheva 

thank you very much. That has helped us a bit. I have now found out who the admin of the project is. This is a "Ehemaliger Benutzer (inaktiv) - Former user (inactive).

Unbenannt.png

This was a former employee who deleted his account after leaving our company. How can we transfer these rights to an active user? Under the project settings is a message:

Unbenannt1.png

In English: Contact a Jira or board administrator to configure this board.

What can we do?

Magdalena Zhisheva
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2022

Hi @[deleted] , 

Sorry for my delay, but COVID -19 is not excluding even the Jira Admins :D 

So, If you are not the Jira Admin, just contact them to provide you the admin rights for the project (Project Settings -> Details -> Project lead, the board and the filter, which is used for that board.

Let me know if I can assist you with something else! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events