Settings > Jira Settings

Mark Jennings April 17, 2023

Screenshot 2023-04-18 073834.png

I am not responsible for Jira across the business but for my team only, our domain has been verified for DNS records but accounts not yet claimed.

What I wish to know is if I start changing things in the highlighted section, does it affect the whole platform or those accounts/projects related direct to my team?

Our address is <team>.atlassian.net but the rest of the business will be using a different string.

Many thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2023

The "Jira Settings" section is specific to this site, i.e. to <team>.atlassian.net.

If some other team in your organization has a separate site <someotherteam>.atlassian.net, then that's a separate Jira with its own settings.

Mark Jennings April 19, 2023

Great stuff, thank you.

I assume if I claim accounts then I become overarching owner of ALL <team>.atlassisan sites?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Atlassian uses the notions of "organization" and "site". One organization can have multiple sites. 

See: https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/add-a-new-product-to-your-organization/

I guess if you set up your organization and sites correctly, then you can administer multiple sites, yes.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events