Setting field with nunjucks in JMWE by iterating over an array

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2019

For every project, I have exactly one Tempo account (Tempo Timesheets product) defined that represents the support aspect of that project. It contains the word "Support" prefixed by something else ("Foo Support", "Bar Support", etc). The business wants to set the Account field when a support ticket comes in.

I have the JMWE add-on (awesome by the way!) and use it for many things, but I can't figure out how to produce a nunjucks script to achieve this. I've gone through Innovalog and Nunjucks docs.

As an example, I have these Accounts for a project TEST:

• Extend Microwave Oven To Handle Ice
  • Build Flux Capacitor
  • Foo Support

I need to loop through the set of Accounts associated with the project TEST and return the one with Support in its name and set the Account field to Foo Support.

For instance, this does not work (I tried the custom field's name and also tried "Account".

{{ issue.fields.customfield_12440 | find("Support") }}

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2019

Hi Paul,

unfortunately, this is not exactly easy on Jira Cloud. It requires a new feature (https://innovalog.atlassian.net/browse/MWEC-417) that will be released in the next version of JMWE for Jira Cloud (within a week) and some Nunjucks code:

{% set regex = r/Support/ %}
{% for account in "Account" | availableOptions %}
{% if regex.test(account.value) %}
{% set proj = account.config.scope.projects2 | find({id:issue.fields.project.id | int}) %}
{{ account.id if proj and not proj.attributes | find('notSelectable')}}
{% endif %}
{% endfor %}

This complicated code is required because you need to check, for each account that matches the regular expression, that it also is available for the project of the current issue (and the way Tempo expresses it is complicated and might change in the future).

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2019

Nice, David. You're always super helpful and extremely knowledgeable of your excellent product. I always appreciate your time.

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2019

David, perhaps I'm jumping the gun but I see your linked issue is fixed. I tried your exact syntax (above) on a create step's post function and get the below error in the JMWE log. Using the nunjucks tester, it returns two values split onto two rows: 86 on the first line and 88 on the second line. For this project, I have one Tempo Account attached to it called "ATR Support".

Error code:400

Error message:Unexpected response: 400

Detailed error(s):Option with id 0 not found

Method:PUT

Url:https://[paulstenant]/rest/api/2/issue/TST-731?overrideScreenSecurity=true&overrideEditableFlag=true&notifyUsers=false

Data:Objectfields:Objectcustomfield_12440:0

Post-function:Set field value

Transition:Create Issue (from status None to status Open) of workflow PS Incident Workflow 4

Configuration:

Object

ignoreEmptyValue:false

conditionalExecution:false

sendNotifications:false

createMissingValues:false

valueIsJSON:false

executionDelay:10

_needsRefresh:truevalue:"{% set regex = r/Support/ %} {% for account in "Account" | availableOptions %} {% if regex.test(account.value) %} {% set proj = account.config.scope.projects2 | find({id:issue.fields.project.id | int}) %} {{ account.id if proj and not proj.attributes | find('notSelectable')}} {% endif %} {% endfor %}"

appendValues:false

_modified:"2019-07-17T16:43:23.687Z"

copyOnlyIfNotSet:false

fieldId:"customfield_12440"

runAsType:"addonUser"

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2019

Hi Paul,

that's odd. It means the Nunjucks expression is finding _two_ accounts that match the regex and are active for the current project. Maybe there has been a change in Tempo's internal structures (which are not documented).

Can you open a support request on our support helpdesk (https://innovalog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/10) so we can look into the data Tempo returns on your instance?

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2019

I made a judgment error. I forgot that I have one global Tempo Account called "Enterprise Support" which is why it returned two accounts. Although the global account doesn't always display on all projects, we have to remember that if these exist, this exact nunjucks syntax won't work. Thanks to David for his guidance. I can either modify this regex or modify the name of the global account. Either way, my point is that this post function as prescribed above works wonderfully given how Tempo's API behaves today which as we know could change.

Suggest an answer