Setting a status on a feature

Ruud Ravensbergen March 6, 2024

I work at a company that uses Agile safe Portfolio as a working method.
In addition to the team projects (board), we also have a project (board) in which all features (Jira Epic) are collected by means of a JQL selection. Now there is one team that is all assigned work from the other teams.
For example, consider carrying out a pen and hack test.
Because these are all standard actions, I have automated them.
When the action is executed, the executor is asked what he/she wants to request and the automation script is executed. The first step is to create the Feature (Jira Epic) on the board of the requesting team.

The problem is that this feature also comes with a on the collection board. The status where this ends up is “Funnel”. But that is not convenient because it then must go through several steps to end up in “implementation”.

I tried to achieve this by:
1. Use the “Transition issue” option.
Then I get the error message “Destination status could not be resolved. If using a smart-value ensure this resolves to a numeric status ID or untranslated name for issues (with current status): SBP1-12 (Implementing - 10894)”

1. The code

{

"update": {

" statusCategory": [{

"set": "In Progress"

}]

}

}

To be used in “Additional fields”.

Then I get the error message
“Additional fields contains invalid field(s) in 'update' or 'fields' section: statusCategory”

How can I solve this so that the Feature (Jira Epic) is set to implement?
Adjusting the status field does not work. 

Workflow Feature (jira Epic)

.Feature flow.png

Workflow Story

Story flow.png

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2024

Hi Ruud,

Since your workflow allows you to move freely between statuses, I suspect you might have a Condition on the transition to the next status that is preventing Automation from moving it. 

Check to see if you have Conditions like that then add the Automation for Jira user to the Conditions (or you can use the project role or group for atlassian-addons.

Ruud Ravensbergen March 7, 2024

Hi John, I going to take a look. Thanks

Like John Funk likes this
Ruud Ravensbergen March 8, 2024

Hi John
Tried everything and made adjustments with a functional manager.
There are no Conditions in any form

Created some simple scripts
But nothing seems to work.
Always the same error

But maybe we missed a Condition.
What would be the most logical places to look

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2024

The Condition is on the transition in the workflow. Edit the workflow, click on the line for the transition, and see if there are any Conditions there. 

Like Ruud Ravensbergen likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events