Setting Automation in Smart Checklist

Melanie Plourde April 4, 2023

I'm attempting to create a Smart Checklist item that is based on the due date of the issue created. 

The use case is that we could use this to confirm when items are completed by the set timing (so somewhat incorporating a process item into the checklist format). 

I was thinking I could use smart values to create something like the following: 

- Task A completed by {{issue.duedate.minusBusinessDays(8)}}

I'm no coder, and that's likely clear to anyone that is, so bear with me as I explore automation options. Any help is appreciated!

3 answers

1 vote
Olena Brazhko_Railsware_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2023

Hi @Melanie Plourde 

The Smart Checklist team researched your request and we can offer a solution via Jira Automation.

So, basically, you need to set an Automation Rule with three steps:

1. When: Issue created

2. Then: Set Issue property (please see below how to fill out the fields)

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 5.18.36 PM.png

3. Issue fields condition (Due date, is not empty)

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 5.18.44 PM.png

If you like to see this in a screen recording with detailed steps, please reach out to us at smartchecklist@railsware.com.

I hope this helps!

Olena

1 vote
Olha Yevdokymova_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 5, 2023

Hi @Melanie Plourde  

Based on what you've shared, it seems that having clear visibility into the date when the checklist was submitted is crucial for monitoring the execution of the checklist. Additionally, it's important for you to have access to a no-code tool that can help you achieve this.

I would like to suggest using the Recurring Checklist and Reports add-on, which may help with your needs. With this add-on, you can create checklists in two ways - the first is to create recurring task with a checklist inside, and the second way is to add a checklist to an already created task with one click.

Untitled.png

After somebody have submitted checklist , you will see a comment in the issue with the time when the form was completed, so the due date and the checklist submission date are in one issue to monitor these indicators.

Untitled.png

With the ability to reporting in this add-on, you can also check report for the submission dates of all your employees and information from the checklist in one place. 

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

I hope this helps and let me know if you need further assistance!

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2023

Hi @Melanie Plourde -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What part are you looking for help with:

• creating automation to add the checklist item
  • the smart value for the date adjustment from Due Date
  • something else?

If you already have a rule and it is not working as you expect, please post images of the complete rule and audit log details showing the execution.  Those may provide context for what is happening.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer