Set up UAT PROD timeline on product roadmap

Shabnam Shaikh December 12, 2022

Hey Everyone, 

I want to include the UAT/PROD timeframes to the roadmap. I saw that we are creating a roadmap using epics and user stories. But it doesn't make sense to me to create epic for UAT. I tried making my own issue types, but I was unable to add them to the roadmap. Someone somebody assist me with this.

Thanks for support. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Shabnam Shaikh - I would actually consider UAT as more of a milestone than a roadmap item.  Rather than trying to create a whole new issue type for this purpose, you may want to consider creating a RELEASE and setting the fix version on all relevant Epics and Stories.  This will then show UAT as a milestone on your roadmap which is more Agile best practice as UAT is typically captured as part of definition of done rather than an explicit call out on a roadmap.  Otherwise, you're kinda blurring the lines between a Gantt and a Roadmap.

Shabnam Shaikh December 14, 2022

Yes, I got it. But how may we specify that this is the UAT and Go Live period?

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

In my past lives, I would create a Release called something like v1 UAT.  The  fixVersion field would be tagged accordingly for all Epics/Stories that are in scope for UAT.  Then I would create a second Release called something like v1 that lines up with the date of launch.  Everything that is captured during the UAT period would be tagged with this release.  On the roadmap, you'll see two vertical lines indicating the period between UAT release and launch.  Plus, you'll have a clean way of being able to delineate between what was delivered in UAT vs anything that was addressed during it.

Hope this helps.

Like Shabnam Shaikh likes this
Shabnam Shaikh December 14, 2022

Ok let me try this approach. Thanks for your help!!

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events