Set constrain to field

JLim February 22, 2021

Hi, is anyone know how can i set field acceptance criteria to required or optional based to type of task selected? For example if i select type of task = task, field original estimation time will be required to filled in. If select type of task = bug, field original estimation time will be optional to filled in.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

Hello @JLim ,

The good news is that what you are trying to do is a native functionality of Jira ! You can set this using the Field Configurations available from the Jira Settings => Issues menu.

Then, according to your example, you would have to create 1 Field Configuration for the Tasks, where you would make the field "Acceptance Criteria" required.

After that, create another one for the Bugs where you would make this field Optional (by default when you create a Field Configuration, all fields are optional but the "Summary").

You would finally have to create a Field Configuration Scheme where you would associate each Field Configuration with the correct issue type, and then associate this screen with your project from your project settings.

Let me know if it helps,

Guilhem

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events