Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Set a field value in a project when a field in a different project is updated

Hi,

I'm trying to do this:

1. There is an issue in a Service Management project (JSM) linked to a development task in a Software project (JS).
  2. When a developer sets a value for the field original estimate in the JS task, an automation updates the field original estimate in the JSM issue.

(The idea is informing the customer of that time in the JSM project, but this part I know how to do it).

Could anybody please point me in the right direction regarding how to implement that?

I've started configuring a global automation rule but don't know if I need to use advanced field editing using JSON or there is a simpler way.

Any idea will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

M

2 answers

Hi @Manuel Carmona de la Cuesta 

If the issues have a physical link between them, you can use a Related Issues Branch in the automation rule to action the linked issue. You can select the specific link type you wish to action, and can then add in any conditions under this branch if you don't want to update all of the linked issues of that link type.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks a lot, @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_

I will try that approach.

Best regards,

M

1 vote
Pramodh M Community Leader Aug 26, 2022

Hi @Manuel Carmona de la Cuesta 

Extensions for JSM is the right Add-on to implement it

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-management?tab=overview

[ Display additional data on the Request Details View, such as SLA metrics, request’s attachments, assignee details, linked issues, and values from any fields you need ]

Thanks,
Pramodh

Thank you very much, @Pramodh M

Regards,

M

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin