ServiceNow > Jira Software

Alex Ward February 19, 2020

A question about Jira Cloud instances.

I've been tasked with creating an integration between ServiceNow and Jira Software to sync between the two. This is an extension to a larger product integrating with various software. Whilst I'm sure there are various apps out there already, this is not what is required.

I'm looking to get a "Free" cloud instance, this should be sufficient for the purpose of setting up the integration in terms of storage and volume of users.

The question is does the "Free" version of Jira Software allow access to the Jira APIs that will be required to perform this integration?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2020

Free version has a REST API, but you still need something that knows how to talk to SN. That's what the App/Plugin does. Unless you want to write your own middleware than runs on a server on the internet somewhere, the easiest thing to do is pay for the App/Plugin that does the integration for you.

Alex Ward February 20, 2020

Thank you Dave, really appreciate your input. I'll take this back to the powers that be and we'll go from there.

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 17, 2022

Hey, if you ever decide to try an alternative approach, feel free to take a look at ZigiOps. It's a no-code integration platform that can help you establish a bi-directional connection between ServiceNow and Jira in no time. And, you can sync any fields (custom and default) in a few clicks. ZigiOps is fully customizable so it can fit in any use case.

You can always take a look at it and perhaps, see it in action by booking a demo.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

0 votes
Jaber Howlader November 22, 2020

Hi Alex,
Curious which solution have you gone with?

James Daniel March 29, 2021

I am curious about this myself. I have been looking into this: ServiceNow Connector for Jira | Atlassian Marketplace

0 votes
Brad Peterson May 14, 2020

Hi Alex,

You can try Opshub Integration Manager – Free Edition that can be downloaded from OpsHub Community Portal. The free edition supports bi-directional integration for Jira, ServiceNow, Azure DevOps Server (TFS), Micro Focus ALM (HP ALM), and Azure DevOps Services (VSTS). All key features of OIM paid edition have been included in the free version. The users of OIM free edition will also get complimentary lifetime customer support through the OpsHub community.

A detailed list of OIM free edition features is available here.

You can also reach out directly to sales@opshub.com.

Suggest an answer