Service desk approvals only on Purchase request, and not on email requests

Matthew Downs January 24, 2018

We want to setup the service desk portal so that email requests are created without approval needed, however any request made in the portal that requires a purchase of anything does. I have been able to setup the approval required workflow, however cannot remove it from the email service request portion.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

@Matthew Downs, you need to simply have different Issue Types so you can associate the approval workflow only to Purchases.

I would create an Issue Type called "IT Help" and dedicate this to email and you may want to hide it from the portal as well. This issue type will have a basic/default workflow. Then create the necessary approval workflow and the "Purchase" Issue Type and associate to the approval workflow.

Matthew Downs January 24, 2018

Thank you.... I figured it was simple. Please note I'm new ;)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

no worries! that is why we are all here...to help. please accept answer via checkmark if you find this works for you.

Suggest an answer