Sent Message for due date when create ticket

Eric.LA_Chen November 4, 2019

Hi 

I want to send a msg(comment/ email) to remind user ticket's due date when I create ticket.

Message like "Your request due date xxxxx, We're on it"

Is there has any way to achieve?

2 answers

1 vote
Rakesh Kumar November 4, 2019

Hi Eric,

I think JIRA does not provide any feature to send emails with customised messages natively. 

Do you use any scripting add-on in your jira which have Post Functions like "Send Emails" or "Execute Groovy Scripts"?

Regards,

Rakesh

Eric.LA_Chen November 4, 2019

We're main purpose that send reminding msg for user include due date information no matter comment or email.

I survey "scriptrunner" now.

Rakesh Kumar November 4, 2019

Hi Eric,

Since you are using JSD, you can also utilize Automation module in project settings. There is a "Send Email" action available in this module. You can send the customized email message to the Reporter whenever a new ticket is being created.

Regards,

Rakesh

Eric.LA_Chen November 5, 2019

thanks for reply.

Do you know how to set a "due date" value to comment with scriptrunner?

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2019

HI @Eric.LA_Chen 

To get an email/reminder you can use the Filter subscription Jira built-in functionality. In order to get this work, you need to write a filter with Due date and subscribe to it.

But the thing is it will send an email to the recipient as personal or group.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/receiving-search-results-via-email-720416706.html?_ga=2.223159195.1864779734.1572849610-1676637684.1572849610

Suggest an answer