Sending PDF to multiple assignees.

Mark Palfreeman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

Using JIRA automation I've created a scheduled rule which runs daily and pulls in a list of tickets based on a JQL rule.

Following that I have a SendPDF action set up which sends an email with a PDF attached with the list of issues from the rule.

I want this email to go to any assignee listed in the file (i.e. the assignees of the tickets included). 

I've tried using variables in a few different ways:

{{issue.assignees.emailAddress}}

{{issue().assignees.emailAddress}}

{{issues.assignees.emailAddress}}

But nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know how I can make it so this email sends to all the users involved.

P.S. I realise I could schedule a subscription. But I'm trying to avoid the notification going to people who it doesn't apply to. 

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2024

Which app are you using for this?

("SendPDF" is not a built-in automation action, I think, but it would be important to know the app which provides this, as that will affect the answer.)

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2024

@Mark Palfreeman Welcome to the Atlassian community

I would suggest using the subscription feature.  This will be more efficient and you can construct the JQL so individuals only see issues related to them in the filter (Use CurrentUser).  This then in turn would mean they would only get results relevant to them via email.  

Suggest an answer