Send Email Automation to distribution list

Ohad Shalev April 30, 2023

Hi,

My automation refuses to send emails to distribution lists created by Google Groups (we are working with Google Workspace), and only sends emails to personal emails.

Did anyone run into this problem? I have already checked with IT, and this distribution list is not blocked from receiving emails from addresses that are not a part of the company. 

2 answers

0 votes
Aaron P. May 18, 2023

Hi Ohad, I have a same problem.
I searched in the community of atlassian and viewing the problem with my google assistant we view that other user use the field CC so that arrive the mails to groups.
I test this and it worked, the problem is so that atlassian use the same domain (automation.atlassian.com) for all malis sent from the automations rules for all clients arround the world, this domain is in some suspicious mail list and Google classified this mails to moderation for security.

Ohad Shalev May 18, 2023

Thanks, I'll give it a try. 

0 votes
Himanshi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2023

Hello @Ohad Shalev , 

Welcome to the community!
I am not sure what project type you are using in.

• If you are referring to the JSM project limitation,Jira do have a feature request:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4309 That is to address send an email to other email addresses that do not belong to this group. This would provide more flexibility to the automation rules.
  • If you are referring to the send email component in the automation rule do not sent email to the DL you configured in your work place,It is an expected behaviour. 
  • Automation rule can send email to individual email address,groups that you defined in Jira or smart values.

I hope it helped you in clarifying your doubt.

Have a nice day!

Ohad Shalev May 2, 2023

I'm referring to the send email component in the automation rule. Thanks for the information, I'll convert it to personal emails or Jira groups. 

That is weird though, because it worked a few times, and now it just doesn't. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events