You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Hello dear Community,
I would like to ask a simple question. I tried a few different methods, but I couldn't find correct answer.
If we go through the example:
I have a "Task-Issue" and this ticket is assigned to me. There are Sub-Tasks under it and they are assigned to other people.
I want to create a simple e-mail sending system:
If the Sub-Tasks are completed as resolution "Approved", I want an information e-mail to be sent to the person assigned in the Parent (assignee in the Task ticket) that all Sub-Tasks have been approved and closed.
I could not find how I should organise this. I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.
Thank you and best Regards
Hi @Yigit Oezl
It's possible to get such notification with Automation rule.
1. Set the trigger to issue transitioned to <target> status or Field value changed for Resolution field.
2. Check if the issue that triggered the rule is a sub-task.
3. Check if the resolution is correct now.
4. Open "For parent" branch
5. Check if all sub-tasks are done: add Related issues condition where related issues are sub-tasks and all of them match a JQL (status = <target> and resolution = <your resolution>).
6. Send an email to assignee.
Here's how my rule looks like, fill in your parameters, it should work.
Hope this helps, Alisa
I would like to ask one more question :
This time I tried for Epic, I could not get email or add comment to Parent (Epic) !
this time, if I will close my TASK tickets, send Epic Parent Email and add comment :
I tried 2 different way :
That would be great, if you can help me about this too
I did not want to open new Topic for this.