Selecting tasks from a epic to clone

kmurphy May 10, 2023

We have epic templates that have a handful of tasks. Each epic is for a different type of campaign. However, there are instances when some tasks aren't needed. Is there a way to essentially pick form a check list of existing tasks to clone over to a new epic? IE..

We have Epic A with 15 tasks for a campaign type. The next time we are running a similar campaign type, I would like to be able to check that we need 7 of those tasks in our new Epic B. Right now, we clone the entire Epic A and delete or close out tickets that aren't needed for Epic B.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

You can export your Epic and issues in CSV format, then re-import that CSV. When importing, don't map any fields you don't want to copy, such as the issue key or creation date.
You can also take an add-on to do that but there is no native feature in Jira to do that at my knowledge.

kmurphy May 11, 2023

It's less about the fields within the tickets and more the tickets themselves if that makes sense

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luka Hummel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 12, 2023

Hi @kmurphy

I'm Luka from codefortynine, and our app Deep Clone for Jira might be useful to you. It is quite powerful when used to clone Epic templates. You can also de-select unneeded issues before cloning.

Deep Clone for Jira_Select Issues.png

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

kmurphy May 12, 2023

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was hoping for!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events