Select groups in filter permissions screen for dashboard

Tamara May 10, 2023

Hello,

I have a project with three boards because each of them is going to be managed by an external collaborator of my company.
When I configure the filter permissions for each board, in the readers tab, when I want to select a specific group that I have created exclusively for this project, it does not appear, only the ones in the image appear.

Captura de pantalla 2023-05-10 172233.pngIn fact, I have created many user groups for different projects and areas and they don't even appear in this dropdown. It happens in all the dashboards or filters when I want to select a group.

Is it a bug in Jira? Is there another way that an external user A can only see that dashboard but also another group of users from my company?

Thanks-

2 answers

0 votes
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Tamara I seem to recall that in some situations you can only specify groups which you are a member of. If that's not what you're seeing, please let me know and I'll delete this answer.
HTH,
Kel

Tamara May 11, 2023

Hi @Kelly Arrey 

But Im administrator of Jira,

Do you think I should be a member of all the groups to see if that's it?

Thanks

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Tamara I'm an admin too. You could try adding yourself to one of the groups to see if that's what's happening.

0 votes
Himanshi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2023

Hello @Tamara , 

Welcome to the community!

If I understand your ask correctly you wish to setup permission for different groups for different board. 

My suggestion would be to create separate filter query for the boards and share access of those query for the different groups. 

You can create a filter from Filter section on the top panel of the Jira.

Sharing snippet of access of the filter , that you would see after clicking on the three dot of the filter and select edit.

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 1.14.59 AM.png

Hope it would help you.

Tamara May 11, 2023

hello, thank you very much for your reply!

For each board I have a different filter because in fact, I have to show different issues in each one of them, the thing is, when I open the dropdown of groups that you show in your image, not all the user groups that I have configured in Jira come out.

Regads

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events