Segregation of Duties

elliott.day February 17, 2021

Hi,

Is anyone aware of a method to prevent the creator (reporter) of an issue from moving the issue from the first status of a workflow?

Basically i'm looking for an anti 'only reporter' condition. 

I cant use the segregation of duties condition since technically with the workflow going from create > first status, it hasn't been transitioned by a user.  

I also cant seemingly use any groupings of users as the only approvers since there could be crossover with issue creators and approvers. 

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Hello @elliott.day 

Welcome to the community.

Are you working with a Classic project or a Next Gen project? It sounds like you might be using a Next Gen project.

Hi Trudy,

I'm just using a classic project.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Are you trying to prevent the reporter from selecting him/herself as the Approver of the issue, and thereby prevent them from transitioning the issue to an Approved status?

If so, it seems that is not possible with the OTB product. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-6249

You would need an add-on to add the appropriate condition to the workflow transition to block the Reporter's access to the transition. This could be done with Adaptavist Scriptrunner, for example. See this post from 2018.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Negative-condition-in-transition-change/qaq-p/230313

Like elliott.day likes this

I've got a pre-determined group of approvers, however individuals within this group are also able to create the issues.

So rather than selecting themselves as approver they may already be within the list of approvers from that status. I'm just looking to segregate so that someone couldn't create and approve their own issue, even if they are fine to approve other individuals issues that hit the same status. Hope that makes sense.

Adding Scriptrunner and the code user != issue.reporter in the transition conditions worked. Thanks very much for your help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events