Seeing "$projectKeyEncoded cannot be resolved" in JIRA debug logs when open any page. Why?

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2017

With the JIRA logging set to DEBUG (on our development instance, to note), I'm now seeing around 10 of these debug statements in a row each time I refresh a page, basically.  In an effort to clean up the logs and help understand if there's something gone wrong, what could be causing this output?

2017-05-04 12:28:23,049 http-nio-8080-exec-6 DEBUG jira 748x4769x1 1vm87zx xx.xxx.xx.xxx /secure/MyJiraHome.jspa [velocity] Null reference [template 'getEncodedBodyFromContent', line 1, column 33] : $projectKeyEncoded cannot be resolved.

1 answer

0 votes
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 3, 2023

"ach time I refresh a page" maybe that refreshed page is the clue eg. if its some admin page it won't be associated with any project, and any projectKey so this would make sense "$projectKeyEncoded cannot be resolved"

Suggest an answer