See a sprints status as of a specific date?

Ron Karroll
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 12, 2022

If this question has already been asked my apologies!  I searched but couldn't find anything.

Is there a way for me to look at a sprint as of a specific date?  Ideally, I'd like to see specific ticket statuses for all tickets contained in a given sprint as of a certain date.  Not just completed and not completed but all of the status columns that they could occupy.  

I have to do some historical analysis for my teams and haven't been able to find this feature or report thus far.

Any and all help is appreciated!

2 answers

1 vote
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2022

Hi @Ron Karroll 

For your case, I can suggest two add-ons if you're ok with it.

Issue History for Jira is a journal for all past activities, including status changes. You can filter issues by sprint or specific date you need.

status history.png

Time in Status for Jira Cloud can be handy to find out how long each issue is in some status. You can check Status Entrance Date here.

status entrance report jira.png

Both apps are developed by my team. There is 30-days free trial so you can check what is good for you.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

So it sounds like what you're asking for is to be able to view a historical snapshot of a sprint board. Is that the gist of your request? If so there is an easy way to do this out of the box. There may be some add-ons that could assist but I'm not familiar with them personally. You could manually look at an individual issues history tab and assess the status of the issue during a sprint at a certain date but that is cumbersome of course.

Ron Karroll
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 12, 2022

That is indeed the gist.  I wanted to avoid going issue by issue if that was possible.  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

Maybe an addon like this could help though I have not used so unsure if it would meet your needs. 

issue-history-collector-see-history 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events